Copper is a crucial mineral required for the day to day proper functioning of the body. The human body depends on external dietary sources for fulfilling the daily copper requirement as the human body is not equipped to synthesize the same on its own. Copper is important for:
• Repair and maintenance of the connective tissues by helping with the formation of collagen
• Maintaining a normal metabolism
• Preventing early signs of aging
• Enhancing immunity
• Works as an anti-inflammatory agent and antioxidant
• Fastens the healing capacity of the body
Based on the age, gender and health conditions, every individual is suggested to consume a specific amount of copper in order to allow the body to function properly. The required amount of copper in a healthy adult male is 1.5-2 mg/day and in females it is 1.5-3 mg/day. Copper deficiency is not very common, but it may result in diseases such as anemia, bone abnormalities, abnormal cholesterol levels, premature graying of hair, thyroid and pancreas dysfunction, etc.
Health benefits of drinking from copper utensils
One of easiest ways to fulfill your daily requirement of copper is by drinking water that has been stored in a pure copper pitcher or copper water bottle overnight. Tiny particles of copper get leached into the water making it copper infused. This copper charged water has many positive effects on the overall well being of the body, such as:
• An enhanced digestion and prevention of gastritis or ulcer formation
• Helps in weight loss
• Prevents early signs of aging
• Improves iron absorption and prevents anemia
• Helps with the normal functioning of the thyroid gland
To prepare fresh copper infused water, fill in a pure copper utensil with fresh drinking water and keep it overnight. Your copper infused water is ready to be consumed the next morning.