Most people think of copper as just a regular metal used for making pipes and wires. But the thing that a majority of people don’t realize is that copper is an essential trace mineral which is crucial for maintaining good health. It is one of the most cherished minerals in holistic health. It is essential for proper absorption of iron in the body. You also require it to release energy and nerve signal transmission across your body.
A lot of wellness experts recommend using copper vessels for storing and drinking water. This little trick provides you with this essential trace mineral in water in small quantities on a regular basis.
Benefits of using copper vessel
Using copper utensils such as copper water bottles offer a lot of health benefits apart from its nutritional benefits.
Here are some of the amazing benefits of using copper vessels:
- Natural disinfectant- Copper is a natural disinfectant and kills microbes when they come in contact with it.
- Self-sterilizing- There has been study to prove that storing water in a copper vessel such as a copper water bottle decrease the level of microbes.
- Helps with weight loss– Recent research has suggested that copper is an essential mineral when it comes to burning fat. One study performed on mice even proved that copper acts as a deciding factor in melting down the fat for producing energy. It was established that white mice with a lower level of copper stored more fat in their body. This established a solid link between copper and fat loss.
- Improves immune health– Copper makes up a crucial part of various protein enzymes. It enhances the immune system by getting rid of bacterial infections. You need copper to produce monocytes or white blood cells. Studies have proved that a diet low on copper often leads to poor immune health.
- Supports heart health- Copper is also a part of two antioxidant enzymes which help with the prevention of oxidation of bad cholesterol. This helps with minimizing the risk of heart diseases. Some studies even associate a low copper level with an increased level of cholesterol in the body.