The human body is made up of 70% water and it won’t be wrong to say that it is the most important element without which life cannot exist. But the factor which is just as important is the quality of the water we consume. If the water is not suitable for drinking it may cause more harm to the body and may lead to other health related issues.
If you store water in plastic water bottles or containers, the harmful chemicals will leach into the water making it unfit for drinking. On the other hand, if you store and drink water in a copper utensil such as a copper jug, copper tumbler, etc. you will reap a lot of health benefits. When stored in a copper utensil the water takes up the healing properties of copper thus making it pure and suitable to drink.
Why not use plastic bottles?
Plastic bottles may seem like a convenient option but when you look at it first. But from the health point of view you would never want to use plastic water bottles again. The two such reasons for not using plastic water bottles are mentioned below:
1. BPA- BPA also known as Bisphenol A is a chemical commonly used in plastic water bottle and containers to make them see through. This chemical may not have immediate ill effects on your health but may lead to serious long-term illnesses such as neurological disorders, cancer, premature labor, birth defects in newborns, etc.
2. Phthalates- Phthalates are a class of plasticizers added during the production of plastic water bottles and containers to add flexibility and reduce the brittleness in the end product. When it reaches the human body it may lead to serious health issues such as cancer, adverse effect on the growth of the male reproductive organs, birth defects, respiratory diseases in children, etc.
Why choose copper over plastic?
When compared to plastic, copper has a bunch of amazing health related benefits. Water stored in a copper vessel is not only loaded with several heath benefits but is also free of any germs and has a sweet taste to it. Below we have mentioned some of the amazing benefits you can reap from copper water:
• Improves the digestive system- If you are suffering from digestive disorders such as gas and constipation, then regular consumption of copper water is the perfect remedy for you. It helps with improving the digestion and kills the harmful bacteria.
• Fights cardiovascular diseases- it regulates the heart rate and blood pressure while lowering the cholesterol.
• Regulates the production of thyroid- It has been found that a majority of people suffering from thyroid do have a copper deficiency. It is one of those minerals which are required for the proper functioning of the thyroid gland.
• Protect the skin and beats anemia- Copper is required for the smooth functioning of a lot of bodily functions. From cell formation to iron absorption, copper is required for everything. Copper helps with the absorption of iron and thus prevents anemia. With continuous cell formation, the skin stays young, healthy and glowing.